Sunday, December 1, 2013

How to Track Progress

 
I have had a couple of people ask me how I measure myself weekly, get my Body Mass Index & Body Fat Percentage. So Ive attempted to map it out:
 
First, start with your weight. I like to weight myself first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
Once you've got your weight written down it is time to start measuring.
 
I usually go top to bottom
 
Neck (smallest point)
 
Chest (widest point/nipples)
 
Right/Left Bicep (widest point)
 
 
I forgot to take a picture of my forearm measurement but measure your forearm at its widest point
 
Waist (smallest point)
 
Stomach (at belly button)
 
Hips (widest point)
 
Right/Left Thigh (widest point)
 
Right/Left Calf (widest point)
 
Once you have all of your measurements and weight written down you are ready to calculate your BMI and BF%. There are so many free calculators online, however, I use this website because it is accurate and simple. It is important that you use the same calculator every time when you calculate because different websites use different formulas.
TJ and I track all of our progress using a chart that I made on Microsoft Word but any plain piece of notebook paper will do & is probably much easier than our system.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment