Monday, November 25, 2013

Haters Gonna Hate

Alright friends and followers, there will be no photo or measurements updates for week 11 because TJ worked all day Sunday and we like to measure and take our pictures together Sunday morning on an empty stomach. I will tell you that I am back down to 187lbs so that is -2lbs from last Sunday.
 
I have received several emails this week, the majority of them quite encouraging, however, there was one email in particular that gave me the inspiration for this post.
 
This particularly hateful email accused me of using photo shop to make myself appear bigger, have more cellulite, "saggier" skin, and also accused me of lying about my weight because it is "impossible" for someone to gain that much weight during a pregnancy if they were exercising throughout...hilarious right? As if anyone would want to appear worse in pictures or claim to gain more weight.
 
Unfortunately, the world is full of people who constantly condemn those who are trying to better themselves and succeeding. One of the prime examples of this is Kenna Shell.
Despite how inspirational her story is, so many people jump at the chance to "hate" on her and make negative comments about her. Everything from:
-She got her boobs done
-She has a spray tan
-Shes a stay at home mom
-She probably had a tummy tuck
And the list goes on. The truth is..yes, she had breast augmentation but from someone who lost a massive amount of weight before she probably needed it; not for aesthetic purposes but for comfort purposes. I had mine done when I could no longer wear an underwire bra without the excess skin under my arms being cut. Eventually the skin tightened but in the mean time I was miserable so breast augmentation was the answer to fix the problem.
She was a stay at home mom but anyone who has ever been a stay at home mom with a young child who isn't in school knows that it is almost impossible to take enough time to yourself to exercise so props to her for that.
The spray tan....really guys?? Is it that big of a deal? Heck, I love a good spray tan so much I bought my own air brush equipment. It helps me feel more confident.
As far as the tummy tuck goes, she posts enough pictures of herself for you to tell that she has never had a tummy tuck and if she had, honestly, who cares? Her skin tightened over time through diet & exercise. People like to claim this is impossible, however, the truth is...they just wont stick with it long enough to get the results she got.
 
Another woman who catches a lot of heat for her transformation is Mckinli Hatch.
This poor woman takes SO much from "haters".
-Extensions
-She has a Nanny
-Her husband is rich
-She "humblebrags"
-She was never fat so its not a success story
You name it, they say it. First of all, who cares if she has extensions? Her hair looks great.
Second, the Nanny "issue". 90% of parents take their children to daycare on a daily basis and go to work. What is the difference between someone watching your child from 8-5 at a daycare and someone watching hers from 8-5 at home? If they have the money to do it more power to them. Her husband seems to work very hard for his money & honestly its nobody's business what kind of financial situation they are in.
The "humblebragging" comments really crack me up...why would you want to listen to someone who only shares the negatives about their lives? She shares about the things in her life she is proud of and there is nothing wrong with that.
Finally, just because she was never fat does not mean her transformation in any less of a success story. The success is not in the before and after pictures but in the lifestyle change that was made. I know a lot of naturally thin women who could not give up processed foods if their life depended on it and they as so pleased with their slim figures they don't feel the need to become fit and adopt an active lifestyle. There is a HUGE difference between being skinny and being fit.
 
These are just two of the women who have very inspirational journeys and still catch so much flack from those who are too lazy to make the changes themselves. It is really so sad that we have become such a negative society and would rather see people fail than see them succeed.
 
To the woman who sent me the hateful email....I sincerely wish you all of the best & hope one day you find whatever happiness you are lacking so that maybe, just maybe, you wont be such a miserable person.
 


6 comments:

  1. I totally agree %110!! I see so much negative and hateful things being said online about people they dont even know! It is just disgusting and petty! I also wonder why people feel the need to keep following those that they only have negative things to say about?? At the end of the day their comments say a whole lot more about them then the people they are speaking about. Its so frusturating seeing all the negativity! I also follow Mckinli and I think she is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so sad. Thank you so much for reading my blog and commenting! I hope you keep reading and would love to have more of your feedback.

      Delete
  2. What a great read! I know how hard it is to deal with haters, especially when they make you feel like you're the bad person in the exchange. What’s important is that we’re happy with our figures, whether it’s the result of surgery or exercise. I hope other people will stop bashing anyone who took this path, and just accept the fact that we achieve major transformations with a lot of hard work. Thanks for sharing, Reagan!

    Alejandro Quiroz @ Cosmed

    ReplyDelete
  3. People have different opinions on losing weight, particularly when it comes to going through surgery to achieve it. But in my opinion, how you perceive yourself is all that matters. So if you think you need it, then just do it, and let the haters do their thing. The important thing is you’re enjoying your life to the fullest. Cheers!

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can earn $20 for a 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what major companies are paying for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So large companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars every month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me and you, participates in surveys and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Peter__spell official page of wonder. I cast all dark spell on riches,love portion or love spell,marriage spell, good job, appointment,good luck spell, dating, healing of sickness instantly or disease, success spell, protective spell and any spell of your choice. Contact me give me a clla +2348073141298 to get help with anything you want.contact me today and make things better Email: peterlovespell1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete