Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lemon Pepper Tilapia & Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper

Made this last night! It was my first time cooking with quinoa but I was told its a lot like rice just with more protein so I figured I would give it a try. I LOVED it. We tilapia frequently so this is just an example of how I cook it from time to time....super easy....takes about 10 minutes total. I hope you enjoy!

Bell Pepper Ingredients: 

5 Large Bell Pepper
1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 Zucchini
1/2 Squash
Ms. Dash Seasoning

Bell Pepper Instructions:

  1. Put 1 cup uncooked Quinoa in pot with 2 cups water & boil until Quinoa has absorbed all of the water.
  2. Put 1lb. lean ground turkey (99% lean 1% fat if you can find it) in a greased skillet, cook until done.
  3. Wash bell pepper, cut tops off, clean out inside, and trim excess pepper from around the stem to use inside your stuffing. 
  4. Cut up any additional vegetables you would like to add. I had 1/2 of a zucchini and a squash in the frig so I added that but you could add any vegetables you like.
  5. Mix Quinoa, turkey, and vegetables in skillet and cook on med-low covered until vegetables are tender.
  6. Season GENEROUSLY with Ms. Dash. 
  7. Using spoon, begin filling bell peppers with stuffing mixture.
  8. Once full place in pan, cover with foil and cook on 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.

Lemon Pepper Tilapia Ingredients:

Tilapia Fillets
Lemon Pepper Ms. Dash

Lemon Pepper Tilapia Instructions:


  1. Place Tilapia fillets in greased skillet.
  2. Season with Lemon Pepper Ms. Dash.
  3. Cook covered on medium-low heat until fillets are cooked throughout.  

No comments:

Post a Comment