Tuesday, January 21, 2014

8 Weeks Out

As I mentioned in a previous blog, TJ is going to be doing his first physique competition on March 15th! I am really excited and proud of him for finally taking the next step in his fitness journey. For me, this competition means a lot of different things....First, I will be training, dieting and prepping with him. Why? Because a marriage is a partnership & how can I possibly appreciate all of his hard work if I haven't experienced it as well. Second, this means relying on my support system even more. I am so thankful for all of my friends who constantly encourage me & for my parents who watch Riley for us a couple of nights a week so we can train together. I typically go to the gym at 5am but training together is something we both love so I am very fortunate to have parents who are willing to watch Riley so we have the chance to do that. Third, competition training means no cheat meals...anyone who knows me knows this is going to be hard for me. Usually, we have one cheat a week and now we aren't having any for 8 more weeks! 
With that being said, here are my latest figures.
I am very excited. I am still at 178, however, my body is becoming a lot more proportional. I have also made some huge improvements in my strength and muscle endurance. I believe in lifting weights and doing HIIT training rather than doing lots of tedious cardio. Why? Because this is my second trip down the weight loss road and in my experience lifting has been the best thing for my as far as body shape & helping to tighten my skin. 
The picture on the right was taken 24 days after I had Riley, the left was taken yesterday. I can see a huge difference in my legs, glutes and stomach. It is amazing to me that I am still just over half way done losing weight and I am already seeing this much of a difference. Several people have asked me what my diet and workout is like so I have included it below. 

Diet: All centers around what time of the day I train. If I train at night my carbs are mid day and my protein shake is dinner. If I train in the morning my protein shake is breakfast and I refrain from eating carbs that day. I am VERY carb sensitive so I do best when I keep them to a minimum. 
Morning Training Diet Example:
Breakfast-Protein Shake (Labrada ProV 60)
Lunch-Shrimp or Chicken Salad (No Dressing)
Dinner- Chicken/Fish and a vegetable side or one of the clean recipes I have posted under the recipe tab
Evening Training Example:
Breakfast- 6 Scrambled Eggs
Lunch- 1/2 cup brown rice and Chicken/Fish/Shrimp
Dinner- Protein Shake
It is important to note that I snack on almonds, boiled eggs, chopped bell pepper or cucumber throughout the day if I am hungry. I also drink 1 1/2 gallons of water daily to help prevent excess water weight. 

My workouts are not always the same but this gives you an idea of what I am doing.
Monday-Heavy Leg Day
Squats
Strait Leg Dead Lifts
Elevated Squats
Hamstring Curl
Leg Extension
Calf Raises
Leg Press
15 min. Stair Master
Leg Raises
Weighted Ab Machine
3 Second Crunches
Tuesday-Shoulders & Triceps
Lateral Raises
Front Raises
Dumbbell Upright Row
Smith Machine Upright Row
Cable Tricep Pushdown
Weighted Tricep Pushdown
Scull Crushers
Tricep Dips
Shoulder Press Machine
Barbell Shoulder Press
Tricep Extensions
Pushups
10 min Rowing
10 min AMT
Wednesday-Back
Rows-Cable, Dumbell, Smith Machine
Wide Grip Pull Down
Back Extensions
10 min Treadmill Intervals
Weighted Ab Machine
Leg Raises
Russian Twists
Plank
Thursday- Legs
Weighted Walking Lunges
Plie Squats
Bulgarian Squats
Kickbacks
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises
Hamstring Curls
15 min Stair Master
Friday- Shoulders 
Lateral Raises
Front Raises
Dumbbell Upright Row
Smith Machine Upright Row
Shoulder Press Machine
Barbell Shoulder Press
20min AMT
10min Bike
Weighted Ab Machine
Leg Lifts
Misc. Ab Exercises

So....there you have it. I work legs and shoulders twice a week, abs three times a week, and do minimal cardio. I am soooooo happy with my progress thus far and I look forward to seeing what my body will do the next 8 weeks while I am preparing with TJ. 

1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you know that not only will you receive gourmet meals, but that every meal and each in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's specific nutritional platform that helps promote healthy weight loss.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 to 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - View your menu before ordering and choose the entrees you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss program online.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your doorstep.

    ORDER NOW - delivered to your home.

    ReplyDelete