Friday, March 28, 2014

Spaghetti Squash Italian Casserole

As much as I wish I could take credit for this recipe, sadly, my cousin Jessica is the mastermind behind this delicious recipe. In fact, I ate my bowl so fast I didn't take a picture of it so I had to have her send me the one above via cell phone. The picture doesn't do it justice (seriously) it is delicious!
What You Need:
1 Small Spaghetti Squash
1 Container Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
1 Tomato (Diced)
1 Onion (Diced)
1 Bell Pepper (Diced)
1 lb. Ground Turkey Meat
1 Jar Prego Chunky Garden Sauce
Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
Italian Seasoning (Any Brand)
Instructions:
1. Cut spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds and spray with olive oil. Lay it on baking pan with the inside (cut side) facing down and bake for one hour on 350 degrees. 
2. In sauce pan sauté mushrooms, tomato, onion and bell pepper until tender.
 3. Brown ground turkey in separate skillet. Season generously with Italian seasoning.
4. Combine ground turkey, spaghetti squash ,sautéed vegetables and add Prego sauce.
5. Pour into small baking dish and cover with Italian Blend Shredded Cheese.
6. Bake on 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
Though this recipe is not entirely clean it is low carb and tasted delicious. Something the whole family will love!

No comments:

Post a Comment